Welcome to the Green Team !!
The founders of Swadeshi Blessings are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of local craftspeople and artisans, creating a global marketplace for their unique creations.
With every purchase you make through ‘Swadeshi Blessings,’ you contribute to the development and promotion of our rich heritage.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE COOKING IN EARTHEN POTS?
Traditional Style: Handcrafted on Potters Wheel & Stone Polished
- Our Earthen Pots are 100% Handmade and are rubbed thoroughly with a special quality stone which imparts that Mirror finishing to the product.
- Also, Firing/Baking of the product is done by TRADITIONAL technique with Wood & Hay at 1200°C.
- All our products are handmade the traditional way on Potter’s Wheel.
Retains Heat for a Longer Period-Compatible with Gas Stoves, Microwave Ovens & Traditional Chulhas
- Clay being a poor conductor of heat keeps your food warm for a longer duration avoiding repetitive re-heating.
- Compatible to be used with Gas Stoves, Microwave Ovens & Traditional Chulhas.
- Multipurpose use as a Tableware & Cookware.
What Makes Our Product Unique & Distinct?
- Unlike factory-made earthen pots, our products are sourced from potters who still use the Potter’s Wheel.
- Most earthen pots are Dried in Ovens at high temperatures to dry them faster which completely ruins the natural clay properties. Instead, We allow our pots to naturally dry in the open air and sunlight, preserving their clay properties.
- Most earthen pots available in the market are coated with chemical paints or glazed that impart them glossiness and shine. Swadeshi Blessings highly condemn this wrongful act.
- Our pots are made from naturally excavated clay, without any chemical paints or glaze.
Harmful effects of Cooking in Aluminium Utensils
- Food cooked in aluminium vessels or in aluminium foil can absorb aluminium because it gets easily dissolved into food and water during the cooking process.
- This absorbed aluminium goes into the bloodstream and accumulates in different organs in different people causing a multitude of effects.
- Some unpleasant effects of eating food cooked in aluminium are hyper-acidity, indigestion, flatulence, skin problems like pigmentation, dandruff, and chronic inflammation of the intestine.
- Aluminium also reduces growth of bone and predisposes to osteoporosis.
The simplest measure of replacing aluminium cooking vessels is with Earthen Cookware that inturn adds many essential nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and sulphur to food.
Usage & Storage Instructions
- Before the first use, immerse the pot with the lid in water or buttermilk for 24 hours. Then wash it thoroughly inside and outside with ash. This will remove the firing ash stuck with the product if any. Then allow it to dry up in sunlight for a few hours before using it for the first time.
- This gives the product better strength & robustness. That water or buttermilk can be used in the meal (Zero wastage).
- Start cooking with a low flame and gradually increase it to prevent cracking.
- Don’t Pre-heat the empty pot and avoid adding cold water to the pot that is already heated.
- Don’t use harsh detergents, since clay is porous and this might absorb the chemicals that will be hazardous to health. 50gms COW DUNG ASH INCLUDED FOR CLEANING THE ‘ORGANIC WAY’.
- MOLD ISSUE: Since Clay is porous, it might absorb moisture from the air and eventually might lead to mold formation. If any mold forms during the storage period, sprinkle Baking Soda on Inside & Outside of the pot, then rinse with warm water using a soft brush/sponge to remove the mold. It is good to be used for cooking again.
- Usage & Cleaning instructions are provided along with the package.
Disclaimer: Since our product is completely handmade, it might vary slightly in shape and size.
Package Includes: 1 clay pot for Cooking & Serving-1Ltr + FREE 50gms Wood Ash for cleaning.
Thanks for Showing Interest in Our Product & Looking at the Listing.