Welcome to the Green Team !!
The founders of Swadeshi Blessings vowed to make a difference in the lives of thousands of local craftspeople & artisans thereby creating a global marketplace for them.
With every purchase, you make through ‘Swadeshi Blessings’ you contribute to the development and promotion of the rich heritage of our country.
Why Would You Love Cooking in Earthen Pots?
Traditional Style: Handcrafted on Potters Wheel & Stone Polished
- Our Earthen Pots are 100% Handmade and are rubbed thoroughly with a special quality stone which imparts that Mirror finishing to the product.
- Also, Firing/Baking of the product is done by TRADITIONAL technique with Wood & Hay at 1200°C.
- All our products are handmade the traditional way on Potter’s Wheel.
Retains Heat for a Longer Period-Compatible with Gas Stoves, Microwave Ovens & Traditional Chulhas
- Clay being a poor conductor of heat keeps your food warm for a longer duration avoiding repetitive re-heating.
- Compatible to be used with Gas Stoves, Microwave Ovens & Traditional Chulhas.
- Multipurpose use as a Tableware & Cookware.
What Makes Our Product Unique & Distinct?
- Unlike most of the earthen pots that you see today are Made of Die in factories, we procure our products from potters residing in various parts of our country that still uses the Potter’s Wheel.
- Most earthen pots are Dried in Ovens at high temperatures to dry them faster which completely ruins the natural clay properties. Instead, we leave them to dry in the open air and natural sunlight.
- Most earthen pots available in the market are coated with chemical paints or glazed that imparts them glossiness and shine. Swadeshi Blessings highly condemn this wrongful act. Our Products are made using Naturally excavated Clay.
Harmful effects of Cooking in Aluminium Utensils
- Food cooked in aluminium vessels or in aluminium foil can absorb aluminium because it gets easily dissolved into food and water during the cooking process.
- This absorbed aluminium goes into the bloodstream and accumulates in different organs in different people causing a multitude of effects.
- Some unpleasant effects of eating food cooked in aluminium are hyper-acidity, indigestion, flatulence, skin problems like pigmentation, dandruff, and chronic inflammation of the intestine.
- Aluminium also reduces growth of bone and predisposes to osteoporosis.
The simplest measure of replacing aluminium cooking vessels is with Earthen Cookware that inturn adds many essential nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and sulphur to food.
Usage & Storage Instructions
- When you start using the product for the first time, immerse the pot with lid in water or buttermilk for 24 hours. Then wash it thoroughly from both inside & outside with the Ash. This is will remove the firing ash stuck with the product if any. Then allow it to dry up in sunlight for a few hours before using it for the first time.
- This gives the product better strength & robustness. That water or buttermilk can be used in the meal (Zero wastage).
- Start cooking with a low flame and then move to medium flame after a few minutes. Sudden rise or fall of the temperature may lead to its cracking.
- Don’t Pre-heat the empty pot and avoid adding cold water to the pot that is already heated.
- Don’t use harsh detergents, since clay is porous and this might absorb the chemicals that will be hazardous to health. 50gms COW DUNG ASH INCLUDED FOR CLEANING THE ‘ORGANIC WAY’.
- MOLD ISSUE: Since Clay is porous, it might absorb moisture from the air and eventually might lead to mold formation. If any mold forms during the storage period, sprinkle Baking Soda on Inside & Outside of the pot, then rinse with warm water using a soft brush/sponge to remove the mold. It is good to be used for cooking again.
- Usage & Cleaning instructions are provided along with the package.
Disclaimer: Since our product is completely handmade, it might vary slightly in shape and size.
Package Includes: 1 Clay Handi/Kadai/Pot for Cooking & Serving-3.5Liters + FREE 50gms Cow Dung Ash for cleaning.